Constitution for the Danish-Bhutanese cultural organization
§1. Organization’s name and location
The association was founded on 23rd February 2011 under the name “Håndtryk &
Hatemalo” located in
Haslev, Faxe kommune.
§2. Aims and Objectives of the Organization
1. To preserve and promote Bhutanese identity, culture, tradition and history of origin
among the people in Fakse Municipality.
2. To contribute to mutual understanding between Bhutanese and Danish people, thereby
of helping each other when necessary.
3. To help Bhutanese integrate in the Danish Society.
4. To organize different activities like sports, traditional festivals, cultural programs
§3. Organisation’s Membership
The organization may enter the union of cultural related organization.
§4. Conditions of membership
1. Membership to the organization is open to all irrespective of gender, age etc.
2. Minors could be
admitted as a passive member with the consent of the legal guardians.
3. It is the responsibility of every member to report any change of address to the
4. Minors have no voting rights.
§5. Membership Fee
1. The general
meeting determines membership fee.
2. The membership fee should be paid on the specified time provided by the board unless
there is unavoidable
circumstances which should be informed in advance of the expiry
3. In case of arrear the Board reserve the right to terminate membership with
effect. Resumption of the terminated membership can take place when the arrears are paid.
§6. Entry and withdrawal
1. Entry of membership can be made at any time with the permission of the board on the
basis of prevailing organization’s rules.
2. Withdrawal of membership can be made at any time but the paid membership fee will not
3. The board may terminate a member from membership
for longer or shorter or indefinite
period if found acting against the norms of the organization.
4. If any member disagree with his/her exclusion, the
case may be produced in the next board
meeting to which the member has access. But such complain shall not be dealt in the
§7. Rights and Obligations of Members
1. All members have the right to take part and benefit from every activities or programs
conducted or organized by the organization.
2. The positive and constructive ideas, suggestions, and proposal are always welcomed.
3. The members have the obligation to comply with
both Rules and the Decision made by
§8. Annual General Meeting
1. The General Meeting has the highest authority in all the affairs of the organization.
2. The major changes and decisions, like- change in the name of the organization, major
rules change etc., of the organization shall only be made through general meeting with 2/3
of the member’s votes present in the meeting.
3. The annual general meeting is held once every year before the end of April.
4. A notice of at least one month along with preliminary agenda shall be given either through
e-mail or by letter.
5. Any desired proposal should be received in written by the board no later than 20 days
before the meeting is held, if necessary the final agenda
will be sent by the board 10 days
before the general assembly.
6. General meeting elects the board members, auditor and the alternates.
7. The general meeting takes decisions by simple majority.
8. One person one vote is applicable.
9. Vote shall be given only in person.
General Meeting’s Agenda
The general meeting shall consist at least the following agenda:
1. Election of chairman and secretary
2. Legalize the meeting
3. Board’s report for the previous year and approval of the report.
4. Presentation of the previous calendar year‘s audited accounts and approval.
5. Presentation of plan by the board for the coming year.
6. Membership fee for the following year.
7. Consideration of the received proposals.
8. Election of board members as per §12.
9. Election of alternates to the board as per §12.
10. Election of an auditor and an auditor alternate as per §12.
§10. Extraordinary General Meeting
1. Extraordinary General Meeting may be convened at any time by at least 3
members of the board., or if one fifth of
the members submit written application to the
2. Extraordinary General assembly will be held one month after the submission of
3. §8 is also applicable to extraordinary general meeting.
4. Proposals, concerning the extraordinary general meeting’s issues, should
be submitted to
the board not later than 20 days before the meeting.
§11. General meeting management
meeting shall elect a chairman to lead the discussions/proceedings. Chairman
control the meeting as a whole. It is the responsibility of the chairman to monitor voting
proceeding. Decisions in the general meeting are taken by simple majority unless specified
by laws. President’s vote may be taken as a decisive tool in case the number of votes
becomes equal for in-favour and against a proposal, i.e. President votes shall be counted
twice in case of tie. Voting is done in written. The resolutions
of the general meeting shall
be recorded in minute book that also include the proceedings of the meeting . The minute
book is approved with
the signature of the chairman and the member of the board present in the meeting.
§12. Board Members, Alternates and Auditor:
board consists of five members and represents all the managerial and routine
affairs of the organization.
The board distributes the
responsibilities among them consisting at least President and
Treasurer. The board members and alternates are elected for 2 years in the following
manner – 3 members plus one alternate are
elected in every odd years and 2 members plus one alternate in every even
years. Auditor and auditor alternate are elected in every odd year.
§13. Board Meeting and Work Distribution
The board meeting can be called by any
board member with at least 10 days’ Notice. The
board meeting shall have a quorum of 3 board members . Decisions in the board meeting
taken by simple majority. Alternates may attend board meeting but have no voting right
unless they substitute a board member. The proceedings and decisions made in board
meeting are recorded in minute book. The board divides the work-load and responsibility
among the board members and function accordingly. When necessary the board can decide
to delegate the specific task to members of the organization.
The economic records
are maintained by the treasurer.
If it is of greater amount, it should be passed through board meeting.
Organization’s financial year is considered as
a calendar year.
Except petty cash, the assets of the organization shall be deposited in a account in an
approved bank. All incomes and membership
fee received shall be deposited in the account.
Expenditure shall be approved by the treasurer and the President’s initial/approval.
auditing will take place by the president. Then the internal audited accounts
shall be presented to the elected auditor.
The audited account shall be presented to the board
two months before the general meeting.
§15. Amendments of the Rules
Any changes in the rules of the organization shall take place with 2/3 of the
members’ votes present in the general meeting.
§16. Dissolution of the Organization
The organization may be dissolved
through a general meeting called for the
purpose with a two third vote of the members present in the meeting. The assets
of the organization shall
be given as a grant to any Social Service Organization,
for example Red Cross Society etc.
The final general meeting
decides by simple majority to which organization the
assets shall be donated.
As decided at the General Meeting on 23rd 2011
Chairman’s Signature: ………………………………..Date: …………………..
Signature: …………………………………Date: …………………..